Sunday, December 9, 2012

I was just reminded that my blog hadn't been updated since 2011. The saying, "time flies when you are having fun" must be true! Actually since opening the shop, and still continuing the amount of shows we are still doing, the days and weeks slip by seemingly without notice. It isn't intentional that I ignore this part of me.  I will promise all of you one thing...................... hmmmmmm...................... yes just one thing. In the coming days before the new year I am going to take some time to seriously look at the way that I can reshuffle my life to accomodate the things that really count.

Writing is one of them. Ever since I was a young child I loved the way words would fall off my tongue as I read.  I loved the challenge of spinning a story around a topic someone else chose for me, regardless of whether or not it interested me. I loved laying in bed with my children when they were young and make up stories for them as they fell asleep.  Just to be asked the next night, "What did the country bug do next, mom"?  I loved pouring my emotions into poetry that reflected the world around me and the world within.

So this year I am going to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard, or both) and begin that book that my husband has been bugging me to write for years.  Each month I will endeavor to post a snipet as I go.  It isn't like I haven't thought about it and what I might add.  It will be an adventure.  Come along with me and lets see where this road will lead! 

Page 1..........................................

Thanks for visiting with us for a brief moment!  Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.
Trish


2 comments:

  1. A blog is a very time consuming venture, but at least you enjoy writing! I love your snowman punchneedle. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha, It was one of my earlier stitchery patterns and one of my favorites. Happy Holidays! See you in Arizona.

      Delete